Monday, May 18, 2009

CLASS OF 2009


So yesterday at 10 am I went through the physical ceremony of graduation from the University of Hartford's College of Arts and Sciences/School of Communication. Unlike most of my fellow graduates though I sat at graduation knowing that my journey was not over and the ceremony was just a symbol of what is to come for. You see I still have 2 classes to complete before I actually get my degree. I sat at graduation with a slight sense of dissapointment but also a sense of pride because although I'm not finished along with many I want to further my education and I am proud that I've made it this far. Where I come from there are not a lot of people who go to college. I will be the first of my family since my grandmother to recieve a degree and I have been doing this on my own. I haven't been the ideal student and although I have had some financial help...I've done most of it on my own. There are many who didn't make it through all four years and there are many who have. Some for financial reasons, some for other reasons but me...I did not and will not give up. Along the way I've learned a lot about myself and the world and the learning won't end here.


I encourage all people to educate themselve's and do not let any obstacle be too difficult that they let it overcome them instead of them overcoming it. The world is full of oppurtunities and it is up to you to take advantage of them.


CONGRATULATIONS CLASS OF 2009!! The class with class and creativity!!


Much Love *CC the Sweety*

No comments:

Post a Comment